Paint and Purls

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Halters and Life Lessons

Currently, I'm working on this Karabella Cabled Halter. I purchased the kit a few years ago for a friend. She was learning to knit at the time, but didn't feel confident tackling this project, so I offered to knit for her. Not long after the kit finally arrived, she discovered she was pregnant. We decided to wait until the following year so we could adjust for size changes having a baby might bring about.

Unfortunately, the friendship didn't last that long. She was unable to support me through some tough choices I made for my life. The tough times are when you really find out who your friends may be. I believe if you really care about someone, you stick by them whether or not you support their choices. (That is, as long as they're not putting themselves or other people in danger.) If I care about someone and I feel they're making a bad choice, then I feel I should be around when their world falls down around them to offer my support. If I'm wrong and the world doesn't fall down, great! I can share in their happiness. It's just sad when people can only support those who believe and do exactly as they themselves believe and do. No respect for diversity or empathy for different life situations. I know I've been guilty of this myself in the past, but I hope the loss of this particular friendship has taught me to be more accepting and caring for those people I choose to have in my life.

Anyway, after dealing with the loss of the friendship, the halter is now being made in MY size! The back is complete, and this is my second attempt at the front. Caught a mistake 2/3 of the way up that I couldn't live with. I tried to correct the mistake without ripping it out completely, but that didn't work to my satisfaction, either. Now I'm back to the point I was before, and getting very anxious to finish. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will actually fit in the end!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home