Paint and Purls

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Been a Long Time . . .

What's been going on? Let's see . . .

Finished my first 5k race last weekend! I was so proud of myself. My goal was to finish before the band (in the parade which started 15 minutes after the race). Not only did I accomplish that goal, I finished the race in 33:33! Not great for most people, but not bad for me and my short little legs. I also can't say I'm in love with running races. Not. But, it gives me goals to work toward, so I'll continue running. Yeah, Me!

In knitting news, I've completed the first pair of cuffed baby booties. Well, almost. I hate seaming.
That's why I seem to have so many UFO's around -- love knitting, hate sewing. (It's a mental thing; I know. But, why? I mean, I love the feel of the yarn as I'm knitting. So, why not while sewing the beautiful knit pieces together? I just don't get it.) Well, the first set of booties is waiting to be sewn together. Although I promised myself I wouldn't, I went ahead and cast on for the second set of booties.

Haven't touched the Kimono sweater or the Packers scarf. Haven't even cast on for my first pair of socks yet. I finally got Charlene Schurch's "Sensational Knitted Socks" from the library this week, and will started reading it soon. Won't, however, start the socks until the booties are finished. Less than one month to the babies shower for K! We haven't even started really planning the shower. (Ok, don't panic, don't panic. It'll all work out . . .)

Drawing class was so absolutely frustrating this past week. I just wasn't in the mood. Did it have anything to do with the horrible drawing I attempted of The Man the night before? Maybe. Most likely. But, Frank, the instructor, was pretty encouraging, and I just kept working regardless of how I felt. I hated the drawings the night of class, but when I look at them now, they don't seem so bad. Here are two of my unfinished sketches from last Wednesday.





I guess there has been improvement over the past four weeks. I just need much more practice. I'm also wanting to get the watercolors out again. I've decided on a still life that I want to setup and paint. I know, I know. I keep saying "I'm gonna . . ." but haven't followed through. Maybe now that summer is gone and there's less light to entice me to the outdoors, I'll spend more time inside working on my art. Too many interests; not enough time . . .




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home